Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Lee Symonds Joins HFA


This from the Herefordshire FA:

The Herefordshire Football Association is pleased to announce the appointment of Lee Symonds as their new Administration Manager.

Lee, who has a strong footballing interest, was associated with local side Westfields at both junior and senior level, before spending a very long time at Hereford United.  Lee started at Edgar Street as an office apprentice back in 1997, but soon rose through the ranks to assume the role of Club Secretary, a position that he held for 3 years.  When the last outfit took over at Edgar Street Lee left his position.

In his time at Edgar Street Lee gained valuable experience towards the role that he has undertaken with the HFA and knows that he steps into a position that was fulfilled to the highest level by Val, who will remain as the County Welfare Officer.

“When the opportunity to get back into day to day running of football administration became available, I knew it was a great opportunity for me to reconnect with something that I have a strong affinity with. I have a huge task ahead of me in getting to know another side of football administration but also in filling the role that Val fulfilled to a very high standard for a very long time”.

“I look forward in combining this role, with my other roles that I currently undertake within the HFA and getting to know the local football community”.