Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Lonsdale Avoids H&W Interview As Tranter Thanks Fans


BBC Hereford and Worcester's Elliott Webb interviewed former Hereford United staff member Sarah Tranter this morning over her eviction threat.

Firstly, Webb asked for some background: "I was a chef for the club, and started work there September last year. It's just under £4,000 that I'm owed from them."

Co-host Toni McDonald asked if it had been a struggle for quite a while to pay bills: "My husband is in part time work, he's been covering as best he can but it's tough. We kept getting promises that we'd get paid on a certain date.

"That date would arrive and it never materialised into our accounts. We kept on asking and they said they'd sort it out but it never appeared.

"I emailed Mr Lonsdale almost two weeks ago to say what I was owed, and he emailed me back saying to let him know exactly what I was owed and he'd get it to me, but I've not heard back since.

"The last time I had any money was in June, when I had a bailiff turn up on my front door to take my possessions out of my house. I went to see Mr Lonsdale, I was literally crying my eyes out, and he gave me some money to get my stuff back. That was about £540.

"With great thanks to the Hereford United supporters and the Supporters Trust, they've helped me out with £800 to pay some of my rent arrears. I spoke to my housing officer yesterday and they've agreed that I can pay affordable amounts to get the rest of the arrears paid off.

"I started a new job on Friday which hopefully will start getting paid next Friday. Rent wise we were just under £2,000 behind. We had been keeping up to date, doing our best."

Webb asked if she had anything to say to Andy Lonsdale: "Not really."

Webb then added that Lonsdale had promised that he would go on the programme to speak this morning but he was not answering his phone. 

"I can't say I'm surprised." commented Tranter.

Webb, who added they would keep on trying to speak to him, then noted a statement they had received: "If she acknowledges the money she has had from myself and the club in writing, we'll pay her what she's owed the same day. The money she is claiming is before taking into account PAYE and National Insurance. She's already had approximately £1,900 from myself and the club and the first time we paid her I went to the bank with her and withdrew the money for her from my own account."