Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Lads Did The Job Said Purdie

Rob Purdie With Paul Stevens From HUST Who Sponsored The Game - BN Pic
Manager Rob Purdie spoke to BN after tonight's UITC game at Hinton FC where the youth side defeated Malvern 4-0.

"It was a difficult pitch which stopped both teams playing nice fluent football," said Purdie.

"I think Malvern like to get the ball down and play and they've got some useful players.

"That levelled the game a little bit as a spectacle.

"But, as I just said to our squad, it's the type of game where you've got to come and win it, whether it's 1-0 or a few goals.

"You have to come to these games and win because we are a team in Hereford, linked with Hereford United, playing in Hereford United kit and we've got to prove that what we are doing is top notch in Hereford and that means winning this Giantkillers Cup.

"And the lads have come here and done the job which I'm happy with.

The First Goal - Picture From Steve Niblett
"The goals were Joe Davies first, Will Lawley got the second and third - he's done well, he wasn't with us to start off with as he was with the development side but I put him in the performance team and he's done really well, then Robbie Trumper with a great goal to finish."

The Fourth Goal - Picture From Steve Niblett
Purdie was then asked about Tom Jenkins who had a good game this evening.

"He's a bit of a playmaker and when I spoke to them all about a month ago with their reports I said to him I want him to do more.

"He had a good Monday/Tuesday in training and I said I wanted him to be our playmaker and I thought he was today.

"It was one of the best games he's played."

Where next for the team?

"Burton away which is up at St George's. They are top of the League at the moment. That's on Wednesday.

"The following Wednesday we travel to Chelsea.

"So two massive games coming up and I think we're unbeaten in six, still unbeaten in the League so we will be going for it."