Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Pre-Season

Sunday, August 10, 2014

If They Don't Come We'll Still Be Okay Says Agombar


Tommy Agombar
In an interview recorded by BBC Midlands after yesterday's game at Edgar Street, majority owner Tommy Agombar suggested that even if some fans don't turn up the club will be okay.

"I earn my money in London," said Agombar.

"I don't have to come to Hereford to earn my money.

"I wanted to buy a football club but the debt was much more than we ever thought.

"Everyone will get paid.

"My advisor told me to walk away and not buy the club.

"It's a massive club Hereford.

"It will rise out of the state it is in now.

"People wanted to liquidate the club and not pay no one, that's not me, I will try and cover everything as we can.

"Our major target is to get through this season.

"We've got the CVA and everything else that is coming up soon so we'll get by that.

"I think I've turned the Hereford people around by keeping the club here.

"I'm not really bothered about whether they like me or not, I'm being honest, I don't care, it doesn't bother me.

"All I want them to do is enjoy their club, come down to a football game and just support the club.

"If they don't come we'll still be okay."

Earlier in the interview Agombar restated his view that some big investors had decided not to put any money in the club.

"I had big investors with the club but because of the publicity that was going around at the time they didn't want to be attached to the club.

"I've got big business people in London that want to invest in the club and they will do.

"So we won't have a problem here.

"Development is a major thing for the club.

"I'm going to get fans on the board."