NEXT HOME GAME - ARLESEY TOWN ON NOVEMBER 8TH AT 3PM
NEXT AWAY GAME - FA TROPHY AT TOTTON ON SATURDAY NOVEMBER 1ST

Thursday, January 26, 2012

News Round-Up

Oxford have announced they will not be erecting a temporary stand for their derby match with Swindon due to the economics of the situation. The U's claim they would lose nearly £6 a seat due to the costs involved. The decision leaves the Robins with 1,250 tickets for the match that the home team have already sold out. Bournemouth say they have had a bid this week of around £500,000 rejected by Crawley for striker Matt Tubbs.

Burton have signed midfielder Lee Lucas on loan from Swansea. The teenager has made one sub appearance for the Swans at the end of last season, and is a Welsh u21 international. Torquay are to fanchise out their supporters bar as they cannot afford to spend money to improve the facilities themselves. Chairman Simon Baker told the local press the place needed 'some loving care'.

Accrington say they will give caretaker boss Leam Richardson every opportunity to earn the job if he wants it. The midfielder has only played 11 minutes on the pitch this season due to injury, and has been coaching in Leeds' youth setup. Doncaster chairman John Ryan has warned of 'dark days ahead' after four directors quit the club yesterday. The Championship side faces a £5million shortfall in their budget this season with two of the four previously funding the losses with Ryan.

Darlington's saviour is a 35 year old venture capitalist from Sheffield. Paul Wildes will put £300,000 in for a 60% stake in the club, with the fans raising £200,000 for the other 40%. His company specialises in constructing hotel and student accomodation and he intends the club to remain on the current site. Bradford say a move to the city's Odsal Stadium is still a possibility after the ground was bought by the Rugby Football League, but it would only likely happen if the club were to be relegated.

Rotherham have signed Crystal Palace winger Kieron Cadogan on loan until the end of the season. The 21 year old has started ten games in three years for the Eagles, and also had a short spell with Burton two years ago. Bradford have signed Hull winger Will Atkinson on loan until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent summer move. The 23 year old recently ended a season long loan at Plymouth due to a lack of game time.

Burton have extended the contract of midfielder Andres Gurrieri until the end of the season. The Argentinian has started two games and made a number of sub appearances since joining the club two months ago. Northampton have released Austrian duo Marin Pozgain and Lumbardh Salihu. The teenage pair were signed in the summer, with Pozgain failing to make a first team appearance and Salihu making only two brief sub turns.

Aldershot have ended the contract of midfielder Luke Guttridge by mutual consent. The 29 year old had been a regular this season but manager Dean Holdsworth says the player wasn't happy at the club. The Shots have extended the loan of Josh Payne from Oxford until the end of the season, but released defender Chris Doig after his short term deal expired. Harry Redknapp tried to buy Oxford, according to evidence given at his current trial. Redknapp is claimed to have lost £250,000 as part of a takeover of the club but the money disappeared 'into the mist'.

Former Bulls loanee Sam Winnall has joined SPL side Inverness on loan until the end of the season. The 21 year old Wolves forward scored twice in nine games for the Bulls.