Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, January 27, 2012

Hereford has given me security says Elder

Hereford United striker Nathan Elder is looking forward to tomorrow's game against his former club Shrewsbury Town from whom he was released last season after a long spell out with an injury problem.

"It was nice to agree a deal and get myself a bit of security," Elder told the Shropshire Star. "Hopefully I can finally get settled and try and do my job properly.

"With the injury it was very tough to see me playing in the Football League again and Jamie (Pitman) and Mr Peters (Hereford director of football Gary Peters, the ex-Town boss) have given me a massive opportunity.

"I’ve not been starting lately, I haven’t played much in a while and I think they wanted to give me a rest, which I completely respect.

"But I want my starting place back and that’s the hunger I think you need.

"We’ve had patches where we have looked unbelievable but then we have gone on a couple of bad runs.

"Some of that was down to a bit of bad luck, like conceding late goals.

"But we’ve tweaked a few things and I think that will start to show in the second half of the season."