Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Club Before Country for The Beast

Former Hereford United striker Mathieu Manset has decided to put club before country and not join the Ivory Coast squad for their qualifying Olympic games over the next few weeks.

"I hope they qualify so I can play again with them this summer in the Olympics in London," said Manset as reported by Get Bracknell.

The beast is struggling to get in the Reading starting eleven at present with Adam Le Fondre, Noel Hunt and Wales forward Simon Church perferred.

"It’s hard for me.

"It’s not very nice to be on the bench all the time and having to watch your friends play. I want to score and help the team.

"It’s the manager’s choice, so I have to keep trying and working hard to get in the team."

To date Manset has made four starts and ten sub appearances for Reading this season.