Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Buckle Doesn't Expect Gulls Points Loss

Torquay manager Paul Buckle says he doesn't see how his side can be docked points when the Gulls and Bulls face a Football League panel over their ineligible players.

He told their official site:

"I don't foresee any penalty points-wise. We may well get a fine but I don't know - I've never been in this position before. It was a genuine mistake, we lost the game and we know what happened during the game. I was told straight after Jake scored that we'd made a mistake.

"Everybody knows about it and the Board could not have been more up front than coming down and telling the manager on the bench. We didn't gain any points and there was no advantage for Torquay, so I don't foresee a points' penalty."

The decision is expected to be made on Wednesday.