Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Saturday is the Turning Point says Davey

Hereford United manager Simon Davey has said that the Bulls must win at Barnet on Saturday.

"It's a big fixture for us and we have to go there and win the game," he told BBC Hereford and Worcester.

"We need to be higher up the table and Saturday is for me the turning point where you pick up three points.

"It'll be a game in which we will have to concentrate for the 90 minutes and make sure all the good stuff we do is not spoilt by basic errors.

"At some stage you have to start climbing the table and Saturday is where it starts."

Davey is well aware there will be a lot of pressure on him if performances don't improve soon.

"At the end of the day my name is on the managers door. At the end of the day you live by the sword and you die by the sword.

"If the axe falls it will fall on me not the players.

"We all know that when you walk into a manager's office at any level at any football club inevitably you will be sacked.

"Whether that will be in a week, six weeks or three years you know that.

"You have just got to make sure you do your utmost to make sure you stay in your job.

"I haven't become a bad manager overnight and I haven't changed my style of management and I won't.

"The Chairman and vice-chairman have been very supportive from day one.

"But they can't see their team losing every week. I understand that, they understand that."