Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Guinan's Dream - to play for Barcelona

Although he admits it won't happen, former Hereford United striker Steve Guinan, now with Northampton, has said that his dream would be to play for Barcelona.

Recently interviewed by boys from Northampton's Gateway School, Guinan revealed that he started playing football in a team when his older brother was short of players.

"My very first memory of playing football when I was four years old

"My Dad ran the club's football team with my older brother and he was a few players short so I joined them on a Saturday morning. That's how I started off.

"When I was sixteen I joined Nottingham Forest."

Asked what team he would like to play for the rest of his career, Guinan commented:

"If I was ever good enough I've always been an Aston Villa fan because I'm from Birmimgham. So in this country I would say Villa even if I get a few boos.

"If I had the choice abroad I would say Barcelona or Real Madrid

"You know that you are very priviledged to be a footballer. It's always something I wanted to do when I was very young. I think you realise how lucky you are when you have been in it quite a few years."