Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Green can't wait to get started

Ryan Green, who has recently signed for a second spell with Hereford United, has been talking about his hopes for the coming season.

"At Hereford I had been a wing-back but, for the past three years I have been playing full-back (with Bristol Rovers). I will be looking to get forward more when I am playing for Hereford," Green told the Hereford Times.

"I think I am a similar kind of player to when I was at Hereford before but I am a bit better defensively now.

"I can’t wait to get started.

"I know John Trewick and Graham Turner and I know how the club works. Hereford is an ideal location for me. I will probably continue to live in Bristol and Cardiff.

"John has been coach and assistant-manager for several years now and I think he’s ready to take the step up to management.

"I am sure he will get in the right players to give the club the best chance of getting back into League 1.

"The Hereford fans will be wanting us to get promoted and that must be our aim.”