Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, September 28, 2008

McAllister praises Randolph

Leeds United manager Gary McAllister was full of praise for Hereford United's goalkeeper Darren Randolph after he kept the Bulls in the game with a series of excellent saves.

"I had a little feeling that the keeper might do well, and he proved me right,' said McAllister.

"Steve Staunton took him into the Under 21's and had him part of the B International for the Republic (of Ireland), and said just keep an eye on the keeper, he's one that he rates. And when that gets said, I don't know it's sods law isn't it...he didn't disappoint, he's one that really impressed me today."

McAllister commented about the only goal of the game.

"My initial reaction was the same as Andy's, I thought the keeper caught it from behind the line, but its nice to see people following up. It was another wonder save but it was nice to see Robbo get it over the line.

"The facts are we had over 60% of possession, we had 31 efforts at goal to Hereford's four, but we could have been punished at the end. But I think over the piece we deserved to win."