Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Home Against Farsley Celtic On Saturday March 23rd Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, November 30, 2007

Metartasal problems not only trouble footballers

It isn't only footballers that suffer from metartasal problems. Local jockey Richard Johnson went to Hereford hospital earlier today after a fall at Uttoxeter yesterday.

Johnson has broken three bones in his right foot and faces a minimum of two weeks without a ride.

Although his fall was described as alarming, he thought he had escaped relatively unharmed but this morning he was said to be in severe pain and went to Hereford hospital where X-rays showed up a similar problem to that which often affects footballers.

"They tell me I have broken three metartarsal bones," he told the Times. "The foot has been put in the sort of plastic boot that I remember David Beckham wearing, and I'm on crutches. Even if I could ride, I'd have a problem walking to the paddock."