Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Home Against Farsley Celtic On Saturday March 23rd Kick-Off 3.00pm

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lionel Tips Bulls For Promotion

Lionel Ainsworth has spoken to the Watford official site about his move to the Hornets.

Ainsworth, 20, made just 17 starts for the Bulls but it was enough to earn a move to Vicarage Road. But he admitted that the move probably wouldn't have happened if Watford scouts weren't watching the progress of Theo Robinson and Toumani Diagouraga:

"I want Hereford and Watford to go up this season. They are still in the top five in League Two and they are capable of winning promotion. Hereford was a nice step. I am on a high after my time with them and I think they are a great club. I lived with Theo and Toumani during my time there and they are doing well at Edgar Street.

"It was Theo who revealed Adrian Boothroyd was watching and liked me. If they had not been checking up on Theo and Toummni, they may not have noticed me. Then the offer was made and here I am."