Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, September 28, 2007

Turner surprised at success so far

Graham Turner has told BBC Hereford and Worcester that he is surprised at the success of the team so far this season considering how late they came together in pre-season.

"The start we've had has been very pleasant and a little bit surprising because of the time it takes for people to gel, to get that understanding," said Turner.

"But I've got to say when you look through the quality compared with previous seasons, we got players with experience in there. One or two have played at the highest level."

Meanwhile on Five Live last evening the sports editor at BBC Hereford and Worcester, Trevor Owens, was asked about refreshments at football grounds. Owens has covered a lot of Hereford United games over the years.

"I've spent most of my life doing League Two and the Conference or its equivalent so I've experienced some fairly horrendous food at sometime or another.

"I seem to remember at Tranmere Rovers was pretty dreadful when I went there on New Years Day once in the mid-eighties.

"I think the tea had been dredged from the Mersey.

"The best at Mansfield Town where they had the best pasties in the League by a country mile."