Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, June 29, 2007

Buckle talks about Sills

Torquay manager Paul Buckle has told the local press why he was keen to sign former Hereford United striker Tim Sills.

"I remember him from a match I had for Aldershot when he [Sills] was at Kingstonian. He bullied our two central defenders all game long, which was no mean feat because they were decent players.

"Terry Brown quickly signed him, and he went on to average a goal every two games. That's some record at whatever level you're playing at, and when you think he was there for the best part of three seasons it says a hell of a lot about what he is capable of.

"Now I am hoping - with the right club and the right environment - he can reproduce that sort of form again for us. You don't lose it overnight and I believe in him. I believe him to be one of the best strikers in this league."

Meanwhile Sills has spoken about the move.

"I spoke to Paul (Buckle) and I knew him before as a player and as a person at Aldershot. I had some interaction with him over the years when I wasn't there and he was at Exeter, and I believe in him as a person and I'm looking forward to getting to know him as a manager.

"I like what he's doing here. I think that the way the club has turned itself around in the close season, with the new ownership and sorting the problems out from last year, and with the squad assembled here, there's so much to attract a player here.

"I can't wait to get going. It's been a frustrating few seasons for me, so I'm really looking forward to this one. It should be a really exciting season."