Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Todays Post-Match Comments

Accrington manager Jon Coleman was back out onto the Edgar Street turf within minutes of the players leaving the pitch and I asked him straight away for his thoughts on the game.

"I thought we played some of our best football in the second half, we didn't look in any danger and then the goalkeeper makes a mistake but I won't beat him up. If we play like that, we'll win more than we lose. Hereford are a good side and so are we. We needed to guard against them getting up a head of steam particularly kicking towards the home end. The fans here create a great atmosphere and tend to suck the ball in. They certainly did today with that goal today but I thought we'd kept them fairly subdued today in fact if you look at the game as a whole I think you'll find we created the better chances and on another day we would have won the game. But, fair play to Hereford they've kept going and won the game."

I asked John if his decision to start with David Brown was influenced by the fact that he was an Ex Bull.

"I would be lying if I said it wasn't but the fact is that Boco has had a scan on his back and it was a straight toss-up between Browner and Andrew Mangham and we thought we'd more out of starting with David and finishing with Andrew I and I think it proved to be the case. I thought they were both a threat in their own ways."

I then asked John what the situation was with Andy Tretton as he does not appear to have had a lot of football since his move to Accrington.

"He's had a rough time with injuries, a couple of operations but we're hoping he'll be fit to resume training in a month or so with a view to playing competitively in January."

Meanwhile our own Gaffer, Graham Turner was a little less talkative.

"It was a messy performance in that I thought we played quite well at times passing it but we conceded a few chances to them. We always knew that the strength they had was up front. They've got some decent players up front and going forward from midfield and they showed that. At the same time, we had a lot of the ball and got ourselves into some good positions but without the final pass being produced. But in the end, you've got to take the points. We've had a few games when we've felt unlucky not to come away with something, today we've perhaps had a shade of luck but the three points are very welcome. We had a few situations which we could have done better with but if you don't shoot, you don't score and Alan Connell has come here with a reputation as a goal scorer and I can see why now."