Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, June 19, 2006

Two players talking to Turner

Two of the players Graham Turner is beleived to be talking to are Jon Wallis and Richard Rose. Both were released by Gillingham last month.

Both players will know Dean Beckwith and Bulls physio Wayne Jones. Wallis is expected to meet Turner on Friday to talk terms according to the Kent press.

"When I was told about being released it was a bit depressing," said Wallis.

"I'd never had a setback in my career before but I'm looking to improve now.

"I made a few mistakes but I've learned from them but those might have cost me.

"I wasn't playing in my best position and the manager knew that but he didn't fancy me in midfield.

"I've got a chance now where I can play in midfield and hopefully get more experience."

"I'm 20 now and I want to be playing, I don't want to be playing reserve football for a League 1 side."

Wallis also said a move to League newcomers Hereford and the chance of some regular football alongside familiar faces is an option to him.

Wallis is a 20 year old midfielder according to soccerbase.com. He started his career with Gillingham in 2003 and played 20 games for the Gills last season.

Rose is described by soccerbase.com as a 23 year old 5ft 11in defender who started with Gillingham in August 2000. He had a loan spell at Bristol Rovers in early 2003. Last season he started 17 times for the Gills.