Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hearing "Willo" makes Andy buzz

Hereford United's young striker, Andy Williams, recently gave an interview to boredatbreak.com.

Here's a flavour of what Williams said:

"I got lucky with injuries this year, Guy and Adam were out for a long time. But I got on the bench at Accrington and came on. But the turning point was when I came on against Burton at Edgar Street and won a penalty. Then I got into a run.

"The first time I heard the crowd sing "WILLO" I was buzzing. It's the best feeling, amazing!

"I've always said I never want to leave Hereford without them receiving a fee for me. I've got an improved contract with the club and I'm very happy! I trained a lot in the summer very hard. I got myself in better shape and grew a lot as well."

Williams has always wanted to play football.

"There was never anything else that I wanted to do. I've tried coaching but it's so frustrating! I couldn't watch Hereford much as a youngster, I always played football on a Saturday morning. I used to go in the stands, I only went in the Meadow End a couple of times."

The full interview can be read on www.boredatbreak.com