Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ferrell apologies for sending-off

To his credit, Andy Ferrell was brave enough to speak to BBC Hereford and Worcester after this afternoon's game and apologise for being sent-off.

The Hereford United mid-fielder looked to react after a strong challenge by a Kidderminster player and was shown a straight red card. He will miss the next three games.

"The ref said I badly reacted which is fair enough.

"All I can do is apologise to my team-mates, the staff and the fans.

"I was just about to play the ball and he caught me, I've got a gash down my leg. I just reacted straight away.

"The ball was there, he was obstructing the ball in between his legs and I was kicking the ball but the referee and the linesman said I was kicking the man.

"Unfortunately for me I'm going to miss three very important games. The way the boys have been playing, whoever comes in and takes my place, they might stay there for the rest of the season.

"It's our first defeat in 17 games. We didn't play very well today. It's not the end of the world, we're still in the play-offs."

Top of the Conference:

1 Accrington Stanley 36 31 81
2 Hereford 35 22 67
3 Halifax 34 12 61
4 Stevenage 36 14 60
5 York 35 18 57
6 Morecambe 35 16 57
7 Grays Athletic 32 19 53
8 Exeter 33 13 50

Potential Points Table:
Accrington 99
Hereford 88
Hailfax 85
Grays 83
Stevenage 78
York 78
Morecambe 78
Exeter 77

At present Hereford United still need to win four of their last seven games to be certain of qualifying for the Play-offs.