Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Monday, August 15, 2005

Blewitt may seen action at Cambridge

New loan signing Darren Blewitt is expected to play some part in tomorrow's game at Cambridge United. Blewitt was named on the bench for Hereford United last Saturday, but was not required.

Blewitt was said by the official Hereford United website to have signed for the Bulls on a season long loan deal, but there is some doubt whether that is strictly correct.

Sources have told Bulls News that the deal may only be until January when it will be reviewed. Blewitt is said to want first team action and was wary of agreeing to committ himself for the whole season.

Blewitt comes to Edgar Street with somewhat of a reputation as a strong tackler. It has even been suggested that Teddy Sheringham at West Ham asked for him not to train with the first team as he had been on the receiving end of Blewitt' tackles.

He was interviewed recently by the West Ham United fanzine Ironworks Gazette after his loan spell at Southend was over.

Asked about any future loan move Blewitt replied: "I would tell the manager concerned what I want to get out of my loan which is to actually play first team football and then I would listen to what that manager had to say to me."

He was asked about his discipline.

"You know a couple of years ago I was getting what ten? Twenty yellow cards a year?"

But last season was better?

"I think that I had two yellows but then I got booked in four games in a row. So I think that I ended up with about six cards all season, six or seven yellows which is good for me."

And you weren't sent off last season?

"I think that it is, yes it is definitely the first season I can ever remember at any level where I haven't been sent off, but I still cannot understand how it happened. You know in some of the games I played in I was definitely near the mark but I think that the referees are getting to know me and they speak to me a lot more. When I was on the bench for Southend and was doing warm ups, a referee came and spoke with me whilst I trying to warm up. The referee who was in charge for a Southend first team game had been in charge at a few West Ham reserve team games. He just came up to me and said "Alright Blewitt?" so a few of them are getting to know me now so it was good.

"My temperament is something that I have had to work on both on and off the pitch, I do feel a lot calmer but if I hadn't got my act together I wouldn't still be here would I? I've still got a bit of an aggressive edge to my game, you cant lose it completely because you would lose the player. When I am playing I will never shy away from a tackle and I will always be shouting, that will never change. I will always be geeing the boys up because that is the way that I am on the pitch. Off the pitch I have changed a lot as well."