Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, July 29, 2005

Ipoua and his six best

This item was originally published whilst Guy Ipoua was at Livingston FC.

Best Goal Scored:
"I think it was during my spell with Scunthorpe, when I scored two in a Second Division game against Burnley, which was on TV. I'd say those were the best two goals of my career that day. The first one was a volley, and in the second one I took the ball from my own half and went on a mazy run before lobbing the goalkeeper."

Best Game Played in:
"Probably when I scored four goals for Scunthorpe in one game, against Mansfield. I played quite well on the day, but obviously scoring the goals makes that game stick out in my mind. Even better, that game came just a few days after I scored a hat-trick in the FA Cup against Hartlepool. Seven goals in a week!"

Best Player Played With:
"One of my best friends, Valerien Ismael is playing for Werder Bremen and doing well at the top of the Bundesliga, while David Perpetuini, a former team-mate at Gillingham, is also a good mate. Both are good players, and also great people personally."

Best Stadium:
"Vincente Calderon, Athletico Madrid's stadium. It is fantastic stadium, especially in terms of atmosphere. When there are 80,000 people there it's brilliant; the crowd are so passionate."

Best Career Influence:
"I have to say my brother Samuel, who is a footballer as well. He played in the 1998 World Cup for Cameroon, our country. When I was younger I always used to look up to him. He wanted to become a professional player from an early age, and I didn't want to be left behind."

Biggest Achievement:
"I think it is still to come. I have played for some great clubs - Torino, Athletico Madrid, Seville - but I didn?t really succeed there as much as I wanted. In the future it would be a big achievement for me to play in a World Cup for Cameroon or something like that."