Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Boston At Edgar Street On Saturday April 20th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Elding looks to leave Stevenage

Striker Anthony Elding has told the Non-League paper that he want to play at a higher level than the Conference.

"I put in my transfer request because I want to better myself. I feel I have done all I can in this league."

Elding, who is 23, recently appeared to fall out with manager Graham Westley after he was stopped from going to Spain with his team mates.

"The gaffer said he'd rather let me rot at home than let me go."

However Westley has responded writing in yesterday's programme notes.

"No player will mess us about and move if we don't want him to."

Elding is a useful striker who has featured in the England non-league team. He played in the Stevenage team that defeated Hereford United in the Conference play-offs last season.

Meanwhile Stevenage have reduced prices for concessions to watch games at Broadhall. They are also reported to have reduced refreshment prices.

This could be to try and attract more support at the club which is thought to be losing money on a day to day basis.

The reports about Elding may also be to do with money. Players wages at Stevenage were said to be much higher than at several other Conference clubs.

UPDATE: Elding did not play for Stevenage in a friendly against Peterborough this afternoon.