Text at top (next game etc)

Next Game: Banbury Away On Friday March 29th Kick-Off 3.00pm

Friday, June 10, 2005

Hereford United supporter suggests Exiles Club

Stemming from the difficulties one supporter had trying to obtain tickets for last seasons play-offs, there is a move afoot to set up a Hereford United Exiles Supporters Club.

The basic idea would be a club for any supporter living outside Herefordshire and it has already had the backing of Hereford United directors Graham Turner and Joan Fennessy.

Chris Jones is the supporter behind the idea. Below he tells why he would like to see the club launched.

During the last week of April I aged immeasurably. This was due to the fact that United were playing in the play-offs and I didn't know if I would be there to see it. This wasn't due to a lack of enthusiasm on my part, but due to where I live, as the Club had decided to sell tickets only to people who were able to queue for the tickets. Fortunately I was lucky and managed to get people to queue for tickets on my behalf, but the experience got me thinking about how this problem could be overcome in the future. With this in mind, I have decided to form an Exiles Supporters Club, which will be open to all Hereford United supporters living outside Herefordshire. I have spoken to Graham Turner and Joan Fennessy, and they are both happy with my proposals, which are as follows:-

1. Membership will be open to any Hereford United supporter living outside Herefordshire.

2. There will be a £10 membership fee per season. £5 of this will go straight to Hereford United, for enrolment in the Club's Membership scheme. This will automatically put members in the priority level below Season Ticket holders in the event of matches being made all-ticket, or when tickets are sold in advance of matches. The remaining £5 will be used for any administrative expenses arising during the season, e g posting of tickets to members, payment to Hereford United, etc. If there is any money left at the end of a season, this will be used to sponsor a player and/or matchball and/or a match.

3. If Hereford United or a home club decide that a match is to be all-ticket, members will have a set time to advise me of their intention to buy a ticket. I will then order the tickets from Hereford United, and distribute them on receipt of the payment. This will save people living all over the country form having to get family and friends living in Hereford to queue on their behalf.

As the Exiles Supporters Club develops, it might be possible for supporters to be put in touch with others in their area, for travel purposes or to host United fans when a match is being played in their area. If you are interested in joining the Exiles Supporters Club, please contact me at the following e-mail address:- zebemach@ukonline.co.uk
I would also be receptive to anyone who can think of a catchy name for the club, and who might also be able to design a logo for membership cards.

I look forward to hearing from you, along with any questions or ideas that you may have.

Chris Jones.